Issac Tomlinson House

About The Isaac Tomlinson House:

The Isaac Tomlinson House is a locally rare example of a gambrel-roofed, Federal style dwelling; the main brick portion of which was built in 1843. The house is the only structure in Pine Hill built before the Civil War. The property on which the house stands first came into Tomlinson family hands in 1690. After Isaac built the house, it became the center of a vast estate called “Ivory Hill,” which included on its many acres a sawmill, a gristmill, and an orchard. When the Philadelphia and Atlantic City Railroad came to Pine Hill Station in the late nineteenth century, development followed. Gradually, the vast Tomlinson holdings were subdivided, until today Isaac Tomlinson’s house stands alone on a small plot of land. The Borough of Pine Hill purchased the house, which has been determined eligible for listing in the New Jersey and National Registers of Historic Places in November 2000 with a grant received from Camden County. The house is now vacant, and may deteriorate beyond rescue before the borough can secure funds to restore it and put it into use.

Contact Information:

Contact Name, Title
Email | phone