South Camden Trust Company

About The South Camden Trust Company:

The South Camden Trust Company opened for business on April 2nd, 1921. Judge Ralph W.E. Donges was the first president, and plumbing and heating contractor William J. Kelly was one of the charter directors. By the mid 1920s, the bank was successful enough to the point where a new building was called for. Architect Joseph Hettel of the firm Lackey & Hettel of Camden, New Jersey, was selected to design the new building to be built at the corner of Broadway & Ferry Avenue, across the street from Judge Donges’ childhood home. Contractor James W. Draper began operations on the new banking house of the South Camden Trust Company at Broadway and Ferry Avenue in 1926. The bank did not survive, and the building was vacant for years. By 1947, the building was the home of the First Italian Pentecostal Church. Although the building has changed hands over the years, it remains open as a church to this day.

Contact Information:

Contact Name, Title
Email | phone