Camden Safe Deposit & Trust Company

About Camden Safe Deposit & Trust Company:

The New Jersey Safe and Trust Company was first organized in November of 1886, and incorporated under an act of the New Jersey Legislature, approved April, 1886. The architect, Arthur Truscott, who lived around the corner at 415 Cooper Street, had also built a school in Camden in 1886, and designed other significant buildings in Camden. The Late Victorian Eclectic architectural style tower of magnificence was influential to the economics and architectural-style of the downtown Camden area and its development through the years. The building operated as a bank up until 1949. The Security Trust Company organized in 1892. Its assets were purchased by Vineland Safe Deposit in December, 1902. West Jersey Trust organized in 1906, and banking business was conducted under the name Security Trust for many years. Banking operations ceased in 1949. The third floor of the building held a hall, which was known at the turn of the century as Lincoln Hall, which was used for lodge meetings. The Security Trust Building was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1990.

Contact Information:

Contact Name, Title
Email | phone