Collingswood Theatre

About The Collingswood Theatre:

The Collingswood Theatre opened in 1920 with Geraldine Farrer in “The Riddle Woman”, and was originally operated by Handle and Rovner. By 1941, it was operated by Warner Bros. Circuit Management Corp. The theatre was an active movie venue until about 1962. By the early-1970’s, it was being used as a photography studio. In the 1990’s, the Philadelphia Orchestra occasionally used the theatre as a recording studio. By 2013, the auditorium was being used as a workshop, with its original decorative features and painted panels on the sidewalls depicting Spanish scenes. In September 2015, the lobby was converted into a furniture store, retaining much of the original decoration and mirrors. The theatre was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1982 and is currently home to several shops on the avenue.

Contact Information:

Contact Name, Title
Email | phone